Re: Inappropriate changes to front page text [Was: Re:

От Marc G. Fournier
Тема Re: Inappropriate changes to front page text [Was: Re:
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Wed, 22 Dec 2004, elein wrote:

> I also have to back up Emily and Tom on this.
>
> Stay neutral when a group is talking to a group.
> Individuals should do and say what they think
> is best.  But collections imply homogeny when
> by definition we are not a homogenous group.
>
> Decrying something as "cough" "politically correct"
> is a way to avert the discussion and try to
> "win" by ridicule.  This does not work with thinking
> people.

Please note that I wasn't trying to ridicule anyone ... I was only
label'ng an apple appropriately as an apple ... I personally find that the
PC trend towards "lack of labels" to be more offensive then not ... I
celebrate Xmas, and do so proudly ... I have friends that celebrate
Hannukah and Kwanza(sp?) and think that is cool too ... I have men
friends, and women friends, but as far as I know, I don't have any
'gender neutral friends' (and if I did, I'm not sure if I'd want to know
what that exactly entails *grin*) ...

----

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: