Re: [PGWEB-COMMITS] By omar: Add User Survey to Community

От Robert Treat
Тема Re: [PGWEB-COMMITS] By omar: Add User Survey to Community
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Friday 17 December 2004 12:03, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Dave, Omar, Justin,
>
> FIrst off, I think that the standing web team should get credit in the new
> site announcement, along with Emily, Omar, Alexey, etc.   It's still not
> clear to a lot of PG users that we *have* a standing web team.  And this
> should be on the web site *somewhere* when you launch it.

Agreed.  Talking about 8.0 pre 8.0 seems wierd, so why not put up an
announcement about the new website?

> Second, I agree with Dave about the Elephant.   I'm not clear on why it
> can't appear and not be a link to 8.0.  Of course, I don't see that it
> makes a huge difference, as the site will be up maybe 2 weeks before it has
> 8.0 on the front.   But since we'd like to leave the elephant up after 8.0
> is old news, why not design around it now?

Another idea would maybe be to come up with different graphics for different
annoucement themes.   For example, we could use the elephant for PostgreSQL
core release announcements, and maybe a spider for website related
annoucnements, and maybe some turtles when we do international announcements,
or maybe a dancing bear whenever Bruce wants to rant about something ;-)

> Third, we *want* to put the new site up before the 8.0 release.
> Otherwise, we'll be getting a lot of :
> "8.0 may be enterprise-class, but the PostgreSQL web site is full of broken
> links ..." from reporters.

Agreed.

--
Robert Treat

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: developers profiles missing
Сообщение: Re: developers profiles missing