Re: language "plpgsql" does not exist

От Terry Lee Tucker
Тема Re: language "plpgsql" does not exist
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
terry@rhino:/esc/pgrnd/prog$ createlang -l rnd
Procedural Languages
  Name   | Trusted?
---------+----------
 plperl  | yes
 plpgsql | yes

Do you get something like the above when you execute the createlang -l
command?

On Thursday 16 December 2004 06:02 pm, Keith Worthington saith:
> Hi All,
>
> I am trying to build a function to insert or update data in one table from
> date stored in another table.  Eventually I hope to trigger this process
> based on data being INSERTed into the original table.  I have written the
> code below based on the documentation and some help from this list.  When I
> execute the code I get this error.
>
> ERROR:  language "plpgsql" does not exist
>
> What does this mean?  How do I correct the error?
>
> Kind Regards,
> Keith
>
> PS This is PostgreSQL v7.3.6 on Red Hat Enterprise Linux v3
>
> CREATE FUNCTION xfer_gl_account_data() RETURNS INTEGER AS '
>    DECLARE
>       rcrd_gl_account RECORD;
>    BEGIN
>       FOR rcrd_gl_account IN SELECT
> data_transfer.tbl_peachtree_gl_acount.account_id,
>
> data_transfer.tbl_peachtree_gl_acount.description,
>
> data_transfer.tbl_peachtree_gl_acount.account_type,
>
> data_transfer.tbl_peachtree_gl_acount.inactive FROM
> data_transfer.tbl_peachtree_gl_acount ORDER BY gl_number
>       LOOP
>          SELECT peachtree.tbl_gl_account.account_id
>            FROM peachtree.tbl_gl_account
>           WHERE peachtree.tbl_gl_account.account_id =
> rcrd_gl_account.account_id; IF NOT FOUND THEN
>             INSERT INTO peachtree.tbl_gl_account
>                         ( peachtree.tbl_gl_account.account_id,
>                           peachtree.tbl_gl_account.description,
>                           peachtree.tbl_gl_account.account_type,
>                           peachtree.tbl_gl_account.inactive )
>                  VALUES ( rcrd_gl_account.account_id,
>                           rcrd_gl_account.description,
>                           rcrd_gl_account.account_type,
>                           rcrd_gl_account.inactive );
>          ELSE
>             UPDATE peachtree.tbl_gl_account
>                SET peachtree.tbl_gl_account.description =
> rcrd_gl_account.description,
>                    peachtree.tbl_gl_account.account_type =
> rcrd_gl_account.account_type,
>                    peachtree.tbl_gl_account.inactive =
> rcrd_gl_account.inactive WHERE peachtree.tbl_gl_account.account_id =
> rcrd_gl_account.account_id;
>          END IF;
>       END LOOP;
>       RETURN 1;
>    END;
> ' LANGUAGE 'plpgsql';

> 99main Internet Services http://www.99main.com

Quote: 22
"The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced;
 the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled.
 Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't
 want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living
 on public assistance."

 --Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 B.C.

 Work: 1-336-372-6812
 Cell: 1-336-363-4719