Re: easy one: location of the database cluster

От
Тема Re: easy one: location of the database cluster
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
--- Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> > Iain wrote:
> >> Is there a "standard" directory that people tend to use for this,
> >> such as /var/local/pgsql/ ?
>
> > According to the Filesystem Hierarchy Standard, program data should
> be
> > under /var/lib/<packagename>.  Indeed, many binary distributions
> use
> > some variant of that as data directory location.
>
> The RPM distributions of PG use /var/lib/pgsql/data as the standard
> PGDATA value.  I'm not sure what Debian does but I think it might be
> different.  Also there has been some talk of including the major
> release number (7.4, 8.0, etc) in the standard PGDATA value, to ease
> migration across server versions by allowing different versions to be
> installed concurrently.

Oh, this would be excellent!  The fear of dealing with 2 different
versions and the fear of overwriting something by mistake is what's
keeping me from upgrading my PG installation.

Otis

Сообщение: Re: missing schemas from template1
Сообщение: Re: missing schemas from template1