Re: [Re]:User Admin in pgsql

От Michael Fuhr
Тема Re: [Re]:User Admin in pgsql
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Wed, Dec 15, 2004 at 08:42:17PM +0800, Wang Jun wrote:

> I have modified my pg_hda.conf as the DOC said, and I can login with my
> password use "psql" in terminal. But it still remains a problem that I
> can't acess to my database through webclients such as PhpPgAdmin and my
> other phpclient.

What's the exact error message?  What's different between the psql
connections and the PHP connections?  One possibility is that psql
is using a local (Unix socket) connection and PHP is using a host
(TCP/IP) connection, and the server isn't accepting TCP/IP connections
on the required interface.  Have you looked at the tcpip_socket and
virtual_host settings in postgresql.conf?  Be sure to restart
PostgreSQL if you change anything.

The "Client Authentication" and "Server Run-time Environment"
chapters of the documentation describe how to configure pg_hba.conf
and postgresql.conf.

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/