Re: Spanning tables

От Michael Fuhr
Тема Re: Spanning tables
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Dec 09, 2004 at 01:07:43PM +0800, JM wrote:

>     Im wondering sooner or later my disk will be filled-up by postgres's data..
>
> Can anyone give some suggestion on how to deal with this.  In oracle you can
> just assign tables on a diff partition.

In PostgreSQL 8.0 you'll be able to use tablespaces.  For earlier
versions, see the "Alternative Locations" section of the "Managing
Databases" chapter in the documentation, as well as the documentation
for "initlocation" under "PostgreSQL Server Applications" and CREATE
DATABASE under "SQL Commands."

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/