Re: fallback authentication

От Ron Peterson
Тема Re: fallback authentication
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Fri, Dec 10, 2004 at 03:20:50PM -0500, Ron Peterson wrote:

> Sometimes, however, I would like to create an account in PostgreSQL
> which I do not want to also maintain in LDAP.  Is it possible to
> configure authentication to fall through to a different method?

I suppose the right thing to do is either

* don't be lazy, and update my LDAP maintainance to include the
  required accounts, or

* fall through in pam.  Is there anything similar in concept to
  libpam-pgsql, but which simply authenticates against PostgreSQL's
  built-in authentication mechanism?

--
Ron Peterson
Network & Systems Manager