Problem with JDBC Connection

От gayatri ganpaa
Тема Problem with JDBC Connection
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
HI,

I am working on a project, in which a part of it deals with creating a table on different nodes of a Beowulf cluster.

Each of the nodes in the cluster is running a postmaster on different cluster. There is one master node in this cluster.

I am trying to run the postmaster on the port 9010 on these different nodes, I changed the postgresql.conf file on all nodes so that it accepts tcp-ip connection and changed the port number, also added an ip entry in pg_hba.conf file.

On the main node thats the master node, there is no problem it connects tot he database I want to.

But on the other nodes, to login onto other nodes of a cluster I would do a 'rlogin nodename'.
On these nodes too I changed both the files I had to change but it gives me a connection refused error. I do not understand what is this about, I checked many mailing lists where they say changing these files would make it work, but it doesn't.

Heres my code snippet which actually connects to the database:

Class.forName("org.postgresql.Driver");
String url = "jdbc:postgresql://plundar.cs.uno.edu:9020/gayathkash34";
conn = DriverManager.getConnection(url, "kashif", "password");
I do not underdtand Y isn't this working. Could you help me with this???

Thanks,

gayatri.

Do you Yahoo!?