Re: ODBC Rewrite

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: ODBC Rewrite
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
* markw@mohawksoft.com (markw@mohawksoft.com) wrote:
> This is why I suggested either creating a new low level API library on
> which the linkes of ODBC, libpq, and I guess an OLE DB driver would be
> built, or perform an amount of surgery the existing libpq and isolate and
> expose various operations to a normalized API strategy.

Again, it'd probably be better to add the necessary API to libpq so
everyone can benefit from it than to give access to low-level libpq
function externally and have all that code in the ODBC driver which it
wouldn't be available for anyone else...

Also, again I contend that there'd really be much 'surgery' required to
extend the current libpq API to meet the requirements of, at least, the
ODBC driver.

    Stephen

Вложения