Re: merging advocacy and "overview"

От Marc G. Fournier
Тема Re: merging advocacy and "overview"
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Thu, 2 Dec 2004, Robert Treat wrote:

> To me the corporate sponsor page is for the "people behind the scenes"
> that make postgresql happen. Like hub and command prompt who offer
> hosting/dns services, or 2nd Quadrant that donated Simon to work on
> PITR, things you wouldn't know unless we told you. With Varlena, they
> provide an ancillary service, much like EMS Hitech or Nusphere or
> Dotgeek, that may be of interest to people in the postgresql community,
> but they aren't providing community resources.  Sure we want to let
> people know about these things, but we shouldn't feel beholden to them.

Hopefully Elein will clarify, but I don't *think* that General Bits would
be classified in the same league as 'EMS' or 'Nusphere' ... if General
Bits is a "for free resource", then it has as much value as techdocs, I
would think ... if its a 'subscription only service', then I'd lump it in
with EMS/Nusphere ...

If 'for free', then she is probably a value service to the community ...
IMHO ...

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: merging advocacy and "overview"
Сообщение: Re: merging advocacy and "overview"