Re: merging advocacy and "overview"

От Robert Treat
Тема Re: merging advocacy and "overview"
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Thu, 2004-12-02 at 14:07, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Elein, Oleg,
>
> > And where does something like General Bits fit in as
> > a link?  Does that contribution (along with advocacy stuff)
> > rate a corporate sponsor link?  Is auxilliary information
> > equivalent to code contributions?  What about advocacy work?
> > I obviously would like to see Varlena, LLC on the corporate
> > sponsor list, at least for the time I spend writing and
> > publishing.
>
> I'd list it.   Documentation contributions are still contributions.  The link
> to General Bits itself would go on the Documentation page, of course.

Hmm... I wouldn't, otherwise we'll have to list every company that we
put a link on the website for. The fact that it lives at the Varlena
website means we'll be sending traffic that way already.

To me the corporate sponsor page is for the "people behind the scenes"
that make postgresql happen. Like hub and command prompt who offer
hosting/dns services, or 2nd Quadrant that donated Simon to work on
PITR, things you wouldn't know unless we told you. With Varlena, they
provide an ancillary service, much like EMS Hitech or Nusphere or
Dotgeek, that may be of interest to people in the postgresql community,
but they aren't providing community resources.  Sure we want to let
people know about these things, but we shouldn't feel beholden to
them.

Robert Treat

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: merging advocacy and "overview"
Сообщение: Re: merging advocacy and "overview"