Re: merging advocacy and "overview"

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: merging advocacy and "overview"
Дата
Re: merging advocacy and "overview"  (elein <elein@varlena.com>)
Список pgsql-www
Marc, Robert,

> > > Not sure if I agree with a 'time limit' on this one ... there should
> > > be some sort of 'history' section ... if we are remembering a
> > > contribution, it should be remembered, not 'fade out over time' ...

Well, the main reason I wanted the 3-year limit is that I don't want to try to
research what companies contributed code in 1989.   I expect that we'll be
pretty casual about taking companies "off for expiration" -- if we ever do.

> > I think Marc has an interesting point. The other issue is what about
> > companies who may not sponsor a ton of code but troll the mailing lists?

No.  Why would we care?  Unless you have a different meaning for "troll" than
I do?

> > Or provide major services like hosting?

Yes.

> > Or secondary code like the .Net