Re: PSQL History not working

От dom@happygiraffe.net (Dominic Mitchell)
Тема Re: PSQL History not working
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Wed, Dec 01, 2004 at 06:25:47AM -0700, Pradeepkumar, Pyatalo (IE10) wrote:
> I am using Postgresql 7.4.3. Everythings working fine except for the psql
> history. I did go through the documentation, but did not get much
> information about it. The psql doesn't remember the previous commands. There
> is no .psql_history file under the $HOME/ and there is no .psqlrc file also.
> Its real pain to retype the same command all the time.
>
> Could anyone help me in configuring the .psql_history file.

It sounds like your version of postgres was built without readline
support.  I see this output on my FreeBSD box:

    % psql -V
    psql (PostgreSQL) 7.4.6
    contains support for command-line editing

Unless your output contains that, you'll probably have to rebuild
PostgreSQL.

If you don't want to rebuild PostgreSQL, you might want to look at
something like rlwrap[1] which will do the same sort of thing.

-Dom

[1] http://utopia.knoware.nl/~hlub/uck/rlwrap/