Re: Upcoming Changes to News Server ...

От Marc G. Fournier
Тема Re: Upcoming Changes to News Server ...
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 23 Nov 2004, Tom Lane wrote:

> "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@postgresql.org> writes:
>> What I've done doesn't eliminate (or shouldn't) the desire for a comp.*
>> hierarchy of groups for postgresql, it just means that the what will end
>> up still being considered bogus groups will be able to still be accessible
>> by those that wish to ...
>
> BTW, you indicated that one of the reasons pressing you to move was that
> Google had dropped indexing services for the comp.* groups.  Have they
> given you an indication that they would index pgsql.*, or are we just
> out of luck on that service?

Right now, from what I've seen/read, even if the RFD/CFV goes through,
google will only pick up those 4 or 5 that were approved ... from checking
on Google itself, it looks like other then the Big8, they pretty much
archive all the non-Big8 hierarchies ...

But, if those 4-5 do end up passing, we can gate those on top of the
"private hierarchy" from a propogation perspective ...

----