Re: Join between databases or (???)

От Michael Fuhr
Тема Re: Join between databases or (???)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sun, Nov 21, 2004 at 12:27:11AM -0700, Net Virtual Mailing Lists wrote:

> I am having one problem I just can't figure out.... In my dump file I
> have something like:
> CREATE SEQUENCE testschema.industries_industry_id_seq
>     INCREMENT BY 1
>     NO MAXVALUE
>     NO MINVALUE
>     CACHE 1;
> );

The closing parenthesis is a syntax error.  Did you cut and paste
this or type it by hand?

> CREATE TABLE testschema.industries (
>     industry_id integer DEFAULT nextv
> al('"testschema.industries_industry_id_seq"'::text) NOT NULL,
>     industry character varying(80) NOT NULL,
>     entered_dt timestamp with time zone,
>     updated_dt timestamp with time zone
> );
>
> When I try to insert a value into schema.industries it complains about
> testschema.industries_industry_id_seq not existing, yet I can execute
> "nextval" against that very schema....  Any idea what might be going
> wrong here?...

I think you mean that you can execute nextval() against the sequence,
not the schema.  Anyway, it looks like whatever created the dump
file incorrectly added double quotes around the sequence name in
the nextval() expression.  What created that dump?

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/