Re: How to make a good documentation of a database ?

От David Pradier
Тема Re: How to make a good documentation of a database ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Nov 18, 2004 at 03:02:59PM +0000, Matt wrote:
> > The problem is, I don't want to use a lot of time to maintain this
> > documentation, and above all, I'd prefer not to insert the information
> > twice (read: a new constraint in the database should automagically
> > update the documentation).
>
> It's a while since I've used them (just coming back to postgres after
> enforced exile in mysqlville) but last I checked:
> http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/dbutils/
> Could generate UML diagrams from your DB. You might still be stuck
> diff-ing them when you change the db, but at least they're prettier than
> pg-dump.

Thanks for the link, it's interesting :-)
Not totaly perfect, still :
I'll have to modify the schema of the database a lot during the next
months, so I'd prefer not to have to do a lots of diffing between the
database description and the 'comments documentation'.

Maybe the perfect solution doesn't exist yet ?

--
dpradier@apartia.fr - tel: 01.46.47.21.33 - fax: 01.45.20.17.98

Сообщение: Re: How to make a good documentation of a database ?
Сообщение: Re: How to make a good documentation of a database ?