Re: How to make a good documentation of a database ?

От Matt
Тема Re: How to make a good documentation of a database ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> The problem is, I don't want to use a lot of time to maintain this
> documentation, and above all, I'd prefer not to insert the information
> twice (read: a new constraint in the database should automagically
> update the documentation).

It's a while since I've used them (just coming back to postgres after
enforced exile in mysqlville) but last I checked:
http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/dbutils/
Could generate UML diagrams from your DB. You might still be stuck
diff-ing them when you change the db, but at least they're prettier than
pg-dump.

Matt