"q" with psql display paging dumps out of psql

От jseymour@linxnet.com (Jim Seymour)
Тема "q" with psql display paging dumps out of psql
Дата
Re: "q" with psql display paging dumps out of psql  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

Environment:

    SunOS 5.7 Generic_106541-29 sun4u sparc SUNW,UltraSPARC-IIi-Engine
    Postgresql-7.4.6
        Build config: --with-java --enable-thread-safety
    gcc version 3.3.1
    less-381
    readline-4.3

    $ echo $PAGER
    /usr/local/bin/less
    $ echo $LESS
    -e

I recently upgraded from 7.4.2 to 7.4.6 and have run into a new
problem.  As frequently as not, maybe even most times, when I "q" out
of paging the output of a query in psql: Instead of just quitting that
query, I get dumped straight out of psql.  To add insult to injury: The
command history for the current session isn't saved.  (Only what was in
the command history on entry.)  It's really quite irritating :/.

It's not repeatable.  If I try to trace the psql session with truss, it
doesn't do it.  If I "G" to the end of the output and then "q", it
doesn't do it.

I down-graded to Postgresql-7.4.5.  It happened with it.  I upgraded
"less" from v332 to v381.  No improvement.

"echo $?" after it happens yields "141."  There is no "141" in
/usr/include/sys/errno.h.

I'm guessing it's some kind of race condition.  Any suggestions where I
might start debugging this problem?

Jim