using psql \copy command

От David Bear
Тема using psql \copy command
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I'm getting fairly frustrated here. I'm trying to populate a table
using psql copy command. The file lives in the client machine where
psql is running, not on the back end. I assume from the readings that
I can you the \copy command to get to data in my clients file system.
Yet, its not working.. Here are  the commands:

iddwb@moroni:~/data/copp/dev/npcenter> ls -l
total 231
-rw-r--r--    1 3117  iddwb  88979 2004-11-08 16:32 contactName.txt
-rw-------    1 3117  iddwb  145024 2004-11-08 16:09 tblContactNames.txt

iddwb@moroni:~/data/copp/dev/npcenter>
psql -p 5432 -h localhost npcenter -U david

npcenter=> \copy "contactName" from "/home/iddwb/data/copp/dev/npcenter/contact
Name.txt"
"/home/iddwb/data/copp/dev/npcenter/contactName.txt": No such file or
directory

npcenter=> \copy "contactName" from "./contactName.txt"
"./contactName.txt": No such file or directory
npcenter=>

I must be missing something very obvious.. Help...

--
David Bear
phone:     480-965-8257