Re: ALERT This mailing list may be voted into a newsgroup

От Marc G. Fournier
Тема Re: ALERT This mailing list may be voted into a newsgroup
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, 5 Nov 2004, Steve Atkins wrote:

> There may be significant pressure to change the gateway to a two-way
> gateway, sending all usenet posts to the mailing list, as part of the
> "doing the paperwork" process. That may cause problems. On the other
> hand without the full two-way gateway there's a risk of the forum
> splitting into two parts, with mailing-list subscribers not seeing posts
> from usenet participants, fragmenting threads and making both the
> mailing list and the newsgroup less useful for all participants.

Actually, this is already done ... anyone not already subscribed is
generally what you see on the lists as 'old postings', since they are
stuck in the moderators queue until I get a chance to go through an
approve them (or reject spam) ... I try and do it every evening, but there
are periods where things are so busy that its delayed a few days ... but,
they do eventually get through ...

----