Re: postgres gets slower after some while

От Jaime Casanova
Тема Re: postgres gets slower after some while
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
 --- Edgars <edzix19@inbox.lv> escribió:
> Hey,
>
> make some futher testings regarding my previous post
> (subj) and
> discovered that even on v7.4.2 is the same problem,
> it means the problem
> is somewhere in the configuration. On another box
> this works ok.
> The only way how i'm solving it for now is by
> dumping the whole
> structure and data from DB, dropping it and creating
> again. Then
> everything works for some time (till one day).

Are you running VACUUM periodically on the database?

It has a similar effect (it's not the same thing) that
when you drop and recreate the database.

Here is an explanation why VACUUM is necessary:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.4/interactive/maintenance.html

Here you can find some other performance-tips:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.4/interactive/performance-tips.html

regards,
Jaime Casanova