Re: opportunities of inline funtions

От Anton Maksimenkov
Тема Re: opportunities of inline funtions
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi.

 Really sorry, previous post was completely inconsistent. Actually, in addition, RULES exists. I use postgresql-7.3.5.
Herethe dump

CREATE TABLE t_test (
    id integer,
    message text
);

CREATE VIEW vw_test AS
    SELECT t_test.id, t_test.message FROM t_test;

REVOKE ALL ON TABLE vw_test FROM PUBLIC;
GRANT INSERT,SELECT,UPDATE ON TABLE vw_test TO testo;

CREATE FUNCTION f_test (integer, text) RETURNS integer
    AS '/var/postgresql/f_test', 'f_test'
    LANGUAGE c;

REVOKE ALL ON FUNCTION f_test (integer, text) FROM PUBLIC;
GRANT ALL ON FUNCTION f_test (integer, text) TO testo;

CREATE RULE in_vw_test AS ON INSERT TO vw_test DO INSTEAD SELECT f_test(1, '2'::text) AS f_test;

The source of f_test function is simple:

Datum
f_test(PG_FUNCTION_ARGS)
{
        int ret, proc;
        SPI_connect();
        ret = SPI_exec("INSERT INTO t_test VALUES ('7', 'hi')", 0);
        proc = SPI_processed;
        SPI_finish();
        return (proc);
}

After REcheck documentation I found that
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.3/static/rules-permissions.html
As far as I can understand that after

CREATE RULE in_vw_test AS ON INSERT TO vw_test DO INSTEAD SELECT f_test(1, '2'::text) AS f_test;

f_test will run with permissions of creator of the RULE (superuser) , and can perform the work ("INSERT INTO t_test
VALUES('7', 'hi')").
It works when started by me (superuser):

engineer=# INSERT INTO vw_test VALUES ('1','2');
 f_test
--------
      1
(1 row)

But all the same for 'testo' user:

engineer=> INSERT INTO vw_test VALUES ('1','2');
ERROR:  t_test: permission denied

 What's wrong? Why rules permissions (changes to owner) do not work?

--
engineer