Re: Why we still see some reports of "could not access transaction status"

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Why we still see some reports of "could not access transaction status"
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Oct 13, 2004 at 12:18:08PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:

> I think what we ought to do to solve this problem permanently is to stop
> making the callers of the HeapTupleSatisfiesFoo() routines responsible
> for checking for hint bit updates.  It would be a lot safer, and AFAICS
> not noticeably less efficient, for those routines to call
> SetBufferCommitInfoNeedsSave for themselves.  This would require adding
> to their parameter lists, because they aren't currently told which
> buffer the tuple is in, but that's no big deal considering we get to
> simplify the calling logic in all the places that are faithfully doing
> the t_infomask update check.
>
> Comments?

I remember seeing this code when coding the phantom Xid idea and
wondering why such an error-prone style was used.  It never ocurred to
me to change it (or maybe have the guts to do it), but now that you
mention it it certainly seems a good idea.

Tulio: oh, para qué servirá este boton, Juan Carlos?
Policarpo: No, aléjense, no toquen la consola!
Juan Carlos: Lo apretaré una y otra vez.