Re: Hypothetical Indexes

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Hypothetical Indexes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Marcos,

>   http://www.inf.puc-rio.br/~postgresql/
>
>   There you will find a link to a tutorial based description of the
> hypothetical indexes feature we have implemented on PostgreSQL 7.4
> beta 3.

I would love to see this as an add-in project on pgFoundry.   Particularly
since your online "tutorial" only works in Internet Explorer, so I can't read
it.

I believe that there was/is a team exploring a set of utilities to produce
database optimization "hints" for the admin.   Your idea would dovetail
nicely with that.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus