Re: Postgresql and scripting [SOLVED]

От Jerome Lyles
Тема Re: Postgresql and scripting [SOLVED]
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wednesday 08 September 2004 08:59 am, Devrim GUNDUZ wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, 8 Sep 2004, Jerome Lyles wrote:
> > Thank you tsarevich that solved it.  I'm trying to 'SELECT' out of the
> > tables now but I'm getting another syntax error:-)
> >
> > test-# SELECT prod_name FROM Products;
> > ERROR:  syntax error at or near "SELECT" at character 14
>
>   test-# SELECT prod_name FROM Products;
>       ^
>
> The dash indicates that another command before this line has been written
> but not ended with semicolon. An example:
>
> test=# SELECT
> test-# SELECT * from datetest ;
> ERROR:  syntax error at or near "SELECT" at characte
>
> You should check the previous line.
>
> Regards,

Thanks, I'll remember this.  The command I ran before was SELECT test * which
I thought would show me all the tables in test.  Running 'SELECT prod_name
FROM Products;' gave me the syntax error and cancelled the previous
instruction.  It worked after I ran it again, along withseveral others.
Thanks again to all,
Jerome