Re: ERROR: canceling query due to user request

От Tore Halset
Тема Re: ERROR: canceling query due to user request
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sep 8, 2004, at 16:00, Tom Lane wrote:

> This is a smoking gun: your client *is* issuing cancel requests,
> whether
> you know it or not.  (Either that or some other process has magically
> acquired the secret cancel key that was issued to your connection.)

Thanks! I think I found the problem and a solution to it. The java
framework reused Statement objects and issued a st.cancel() between
every query performed with the Statement object. I just commented out
the st.cancel() line and everything seems to work ok. I googled for
others having the same problem and found this one:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-jdbc/2003-09/msg00167.php

Perhaps it is the same problem? Is this something that can be fixed in
the jdbc driver or are PostgreSQL(+jdbc) doing the right thing here?

Regards,
  - Tore.