Re: psql \o weirdness

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: psql \o weirdness
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Ron St-Pierre wrote:
> the line in the sql script to
>   SELECT * FROM myFunction() \o /dev/null;
> output from this is suppressed. HOWEVER, I get an error when it tries
> to process the next line;
>   psql:/usr/local/pgsql/quiet.sql:2: ERROR:  syntax error at or near
> "SELECT" at character 26

No, what actually happens is that the first SELECT is never executed,
because there is no terminating semicolon.  The semicolon at the end of
the line belongs to the \o command.  So when it processes the next
line, it appends the text to the previous command and tries to execute
that invalid concatenation.  What you really want to use instead is the
\g command.

--
Peter Eisentraut