Re: stand-alone psql

От John DeSoi
Тема Re: stand-alone psql
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sep 1, 2004, at 11:51 AM, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> You could link psql statically.  You would have to look up in your
> compiler/linker manual how to do that though.  The relevant makefile is
> in src/bin/psql.  Setting LDFLAGS globally to some option like -static
> might work.

Right, this was my thinking but I was hoping for a little more
direction from some one familiar with C. I have already spent hours
working on it and have not been able to get it to work. The task is
pretty daunting for some one without a strong background with
gcc/ld/make.

I thought I had it solved by putting the dynamic libraries in the psql
folder and using install_name_tool to change the paths. But when I
moved the folder from a 10.3 to a 10.2 Mac, I got an error about a
missing symbol in /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib (the library is there on
10.2, but I guess it is an older version). When I include the newer
libSystem.B.dylib with psql I get an error when I try to start it:

*** vm_page_shift incorrectly set to 12

Thanks for any further ideas or pointers.

John DeSoi, Ph.D.