Re: possible memory leak in 8.0 beta 1

От Shelby Cain
Тема Re: possible memory leak in 8.0 beta 1
Дата
Список pgsql-general
--- Shelby Cain <alyandon@yahoo.com> wrote:

[stuff about memory leaking snipped]

I see the following in the beta 2 changelog:

* src/backend/: access/transam/xact.c,
utils/mmgr/portalmem.c, utils/resowner/README,
utils/resowner/resowner.c: Revise ResourceOwner code
to avoid accumulating ResourceOwner objects for every
command executed within a transaction.  For long
transactions this was a significant memory leak.
Instead, we can delete a portal's or subtransaction's
ResourceOwner immediately, if we physically transfer
the information about its locks up to the parent
owner.  This does not fully solve the leak problem; we
need to do something about counting multiple
acquisitions of the same lock in order to fix it.  But
it's a necessary step along the way.

Is this what I'm seeing?

Regards,

Shelby Cain