Re: regression database

От kris pal
Тема Re: regression database
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi tom,

It is actually named 'regression'. I spoke with the person who build the server but apparently he is not well worsed in Postgres. He didn't explicitly create 'regression', I guess he selected some default installation options.

I am not sure how to find out what is causing the 'regression' database to increase in size. Its size is not due to the tables with in the 'regression' but due to the system tables like "pg_attribute" with in 'regression' database. If you chould point to a resource which would help me understand how this 'regression' database is handled internally (what activity writes to this database) that would be great.

Pls see below, the directory 2034862 corresponds to 'regression':

[postgres@dds base]$ du -sk /home/postgres/data/base/2034862
6236920 /home/postgres/data/base/2034862
[postgres@dds base]$
[postgres@dds base]$ cd /home/postgres/data/base/2034862
[postgres@dds 2034862]$ du -sk * | awk '{if ($1 > 512000)  print $1" --> "$2}'
1049604 --> 1249    (over 1GB)
949484 --> 1249.1   (abt 1GB)
1049604 --> 16609
821104 --> 16609.1
The relname for the corresponding relfilenode:
--------------+-------------
 pg_attribute |        1249
 pg_attribute_relid_attnam_index |       16609
--------------+-------------

So am not sure why this thing is growing progressively.
Any feedback/ help is greatly appreciated.

thanks,
Kris Pal.

Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
kris pal writes:
> I am not sure what the implications of completely deleting the
> 'Regression' database (I don't need the regression testing).

Is it named "Regression" with a capital R? If so, that's not the DB that
is made by the standard regression tests --- that is called "regression".

There is not any reason not to drop the standard regression database, if
you're not using it. But there is no way that that DB would get that
large unless something in your installation is using it. I'd suggest
you find out what.

regards, tom lane

Do you Yahoo!?