Re: Anyone familiar with Apple Xserve RAID

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Anyone familiar with Apple Xserve RAID
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Robert,

> Just curious if folks have ever used this for a postgresql server and if
> they used it with OSX/BSD/Linux. Even if you haven't used it, if you
> know of something comparable I'd be interested.  TIA

Last I checked Apple was still shipping the XServes with SATA drives and a
PROMISE controller, both very consumer-grade (and not server-grade) hardware.
I can't recommend the XServe as a database platform.  SCSI still makes a
difference for databases, more because of the controllers than anything else.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions