Re: tunneling through ssh

От jseymour@linxnet.com (Jim Seymour)
Тема Re: tunneling through ssh
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
David Bear <David.Bear@asu.edu> wrote:

> I'm attempting to run pgsql through a tunnel.
[snip]

Through an ssh tunnel, using port-forwarding, I'm guessing?

> Am I missing something obvious?

Can you "psql -p 5432" on the machine on which the server is running?

Here's what I just did successfully:

On local machine, ssh to host running pgsql server:

$ xterm -e ssh -L 57000:remote.example.com:5432 remote.example.com &

After doing the ssh pass-word/-phrase thing...

On local machine:

$ psql -U jseymour -p 57000 -h localhost
Password:

       \h for help with SQL commands
       \? for help on internal slash commands
       \q to quit

jseymour=> \q
$

Worked like a champ.  This is using OpenSSH, btw.

Jim