Re: postgres in freebsd jail

От Marc G. Fournier
Тема Re: postgres in freebsd jail
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, 16 Aug 2004, Bill Moran wrote:

> "Reko Turja" <reko.turja@liukuma.net> wrote:
>
>>> I am using postgresql 8.0beta in a freebsd jail environment. My
>>> inittdb
>>> gives me a message like:
>>> ---
>>> creating template1 database in /home/..../db/base/1 ... FATAL:
>>> could
>>> not create shared memory segment: Function not implemented
>>> DETAIL:  Failed system call was shmget(key=1, size=1187840, 03600).
>>> child process exited with exit code 1
>>> initdb: failed
>>
>> Have you enabled jail.sysvipc_allowed sysctl for kernel? I haven't run
>> Postgresql in jail myself but as far as I know the sysctl above is
>> needed in order to use sysv IPC and shared memory functionality inside
>> the jail.
>
> I was unable to get Postgres working in a jail even with this sysctl
> enabled.  If you look through the archives, you'll see a discussion with
> others who have it working just fine.

The database that runs pgfoundry.org/gborg.postgresql.org and
www.postgresql.org are in a jail ... so definitely know it works ... as to
the above error, my first thing to check would be as Reko mentioned, check
that ipc within jail is allowed ...

----

От: Bill Moran
Сообщение: Re: postgres in freebsd jail
От: Csaba Nagy
Сообщение: Re: Thousands of parallel connections