Pseudo-Off-topic-survey: Opinions about future of Postgresql(MySQL)?

От Enrique Arizón
Тема Pseudo-Off-topic-survey: Opinions about future of Postgresql(MySQL)?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
 Now that CA has open sourced Ingres what future do
you guess to Postgresql and MySQL?

 Don't missunderstand me, I have been using Postgresql
for more than 3 years and developing apps against it
and all I got is possitive impressions, but comparing
the upcoming 8.0 (7.5) release with Ingres, it looks
that Ingres is much more advanced (clustering,
load-balancing, XML, ...) and the main advantage
Postgresql had in its open source nature looks to be
vanished. More one, CA looks really serious about
Ingres that now is a core tool in more of 100
derivates CA products, and it's said they had doubled
the number of Ingres developers. Also the new version
provides a great compatibility with Oracle and
"easify" Oracle to Ingres port. Is there any OBJETIVE
reason not to change to Ingres?

 Thanks in advance for your comments!

 Enrique Arizon Benito,

 Software developer and Network Administrator
 Daratel SL, http://www.daratel.com