Re: Adding multiple instances to 7.4

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Adding multiple instances to 7.4
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Andrew J Delamare wrote:
> I'm a little new to postgres but I am wondering (as it doesn't seem
> to be in the in site documentation) how to add multiple instances to
> a 7.4 Postgres installation.

Just start the postmaster several times with different data directories
(so they serve different data) and different ports (so you can address
them separately).  An alternative might be to run only one instance but
put each of your separate databases into its own PostgreSQL database
under the same instance.

--
Peter Eisentraut