Re: Add Missing From?

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Add Missing From?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

> > Yea, I guess for a long table that also needed an alias you would have
> > to specify the long name every time you reference the table.  However,
> > we haven't had anyone ask for that capability,
>
> Yes we have.  Do I need to trawl the archives for you?  It's been asked
> for quite a few times.

OK, TODO updated:

* Allow an alias to be provided for the target table in UPDATE/DELETE
 This is not SQL-spec but many DBMSs allow it.

* Allow additional tables to be specified in DELETE for joins
 UPDATE already allows this (UPDATE...FROM) but we need similar functionality in DELETE.  It's been agreed that the
keywordshould be USING, to avoid anything as confusing as DELETE FROM a FROM b.

Pennsylvania19073