Re: postgresql and smp linux kernel

От Bill Moran
Тема Re: postgresql and smp linux kernel
Дата
Список pgsql-general
zhicheng wang <wang_zc@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Thanks Oliver Elphick
> does this mean that the applications do not need to be
> multi-threading in order to use multi-processors?

Yes, that's what it means.  Although you've probably oversimplified it
too much.  Multi-process applications make use of multiple processors
just as well as multi-threaded apps do.

fun! http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies

От: zhicheng wang
Сообщение: Re: postgresql and smp linux kernel
Сообщение: Re: postgresql and smp linux kernel