Re: Add Missing From?

От Robert Treat
Тема Re: Add Missing From?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sunday 08 August 2004 23:16, Tom Lane wrote:
> Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
> > Hmmm.  What would that look like?
> >
> > DELETE FROM table
> > {FROM | WITH | USING | ?? }
> > WHERE ...
> >
> > I think we don't have this mainly because, what word do we use?
>
> Yup, eggzackle.  The implementation would really be trivial, but
> previous discussion hung up on the problem of finding a syntax
> people liked ...

Well, as yall have pointed out, the feature is not sql spec (for some reason I
thought it had been put in) so since the update syntax seems quite similar to
oracles, perhaps they can provide a pointer on delete syntax as well?  I
can't seem to find my oracle syntax book, anyone have one handy ?

--
Robert Treat
Build A Better Lamp :: Linux Apache {middleware} PostgreSQL