Re: [HACKERS] Point in Time Recovery

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Point in Time Recovery
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Here is another open PITR issue that I think will have to be addressed
in 7.6.  If you do a critical transaction, but do nothing else for eight
hours, that critical transaction hasn't been archived yet.  It is still
sitting in pg_xlog until the WAL file fills.

I think we will need to document this behavior and address it in some
way in 7.6.  We can't assume that we can send multiple copies of pg_xlog
to the archive (partial and full ones) because we might be going to a
tape drive.  However, this is a non-intuitive behavior of our archiver.
We might need to tell people to archive the most recent WAL file every
minute to some other location or something.