Re: Planning for beta (was Re: Sketch of extending error handling

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Planning for beta (was Re: Sketch of extending error handling
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> On Sun, 25 Jul 2004, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
> > Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> >> Docs, as always, can be delivered/improved throughout beta ...
> >
> > Yes, but without PITR docs there is no way to test the feature.
> > Many of our docs don't require docs for testing, but PITR does.
>
> Shouldn't there be regression tests for doing that anyway?  Or isn't that
> possible to do in the regression tests?

Good question.  Simon wants to build a test suite.  It appeared on his
TODO list.  However, I think it would be separate from the regression
tests.

Also, we need manual testing because people will do goofy things that
the test will not try, I am sure.  :-)

Pennsylvania19073