Re: Assisting developers

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Assisting developers
Дата
Re: Assisting developers
Список pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> I am not sure what can be done to solve this in the future.  There
> are only a limited number of us who have the experience and time to
> review and comment on very complex patches.

The issue as I see it is not reviewing patches, but defining features.
Someone sets out to develop "nested transactions", and three days after
feature freeze we have the first large discussion about what nested
transactions really are, what they are good for, and how they should
work.  Maybe next time think more about the old requirements, design,
implementation, testing cycle.  Of course people did post plans, status
updates, etc., but maybe it wasn't enough, not clear enough, or
something else.

--
Peter Eisentraut