Re: Bad dumps...

От Stef
Тема Re: Bad dumps...
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Tom Lane mentioned :
=> This is demonstrably not so.  You might have trouble with data coming
=> from somewhere else, if the source doesn't understand the quoting rules
=> for COPY data.  But I can dump and restore a table containing '\N' and
=> variants of that without any trouble.

Here's what I did to recreate the problem :
=# create table text_test ( id text NOT NULL);
CREATE TABLE
=# INSERT INTO text_test values ('\\N');
INSERT 37302671 1
=# \q
[root@p0 postgres]# pg_dump p0 -U postgres -t text_test > text_test.sql
[root@p0 postgres]# psql p0 -U postgres

       \h for help with SQL commands
       \? for help on internal slash commands
       \q to quit

=# drop table text_test ;
DROP TABLE
=# \q
[root@p0 postgres]# cat text_test.sql | psql p0 -U postgres
You are now connected as new user postgres.
SET
CREATE TABLE
ERROR:  copy: line 1, CopyFrom: Fail to add null value in not null attribute id
lost synchronization with server, resetting connection
[root@p0 postgres]#

Вложения