Re: is there app to catalog email oe6

От Michelle Konzack
Тема Re: is there app to catalog email oe6
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Am 2004-07-06 23:30:46, schrieb Paul Gimpelj:
>Hi
>I am hoping posgresql will get more widely used.

???

>I have an idea for an application.

Nice...

>Consider , after spending months collecting email with information for
>research there becomes the need to catalog it
>and store it efficiently. A lot of it is scientific and engineering related.

OK, I do it too...

>Is there an open source project to pull the outlook express email and
>catalog it into postgresql.

No, but there is a Project on SourceForge which converts the outlook
munster file to plain mboxfiles. (can be filtered at processing time)

Do not ask me about the name, which I have forgotten because since
more the 5 years I do not use WinXX

>and if not is there any interest in starting a project.

I run a postgresql database with around 5 million E-Mails from more
then 210 Mailinglists. I can search fast as the heaven :-)

No need to ask every time the Lists for Help :-)

Greetings
Michelle

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi

Вложения