Re: SERIAL type not autoincremented

От Michael A Nachbaur
Тема Re: SERIAL type not autoincremented
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
The serial datatype creates a sequence in the background.  So, in your
example, you'll have a sequence called "student_id_seq".  Your sequence was
probably reset, dropped/created, or whatever, to cause it to feed IDs back
that already exist in your table.

--
Michael A. Nachbaur <mike@nachbaur.com>
http://nachbaur.com/pgpkey.asc