Re: PostgreSQL does not have native spinlock support on this

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: PostgreSQL does not have native spinlock support on this
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Martino Serri wrote:
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
>  > That is very strange. I assume you are on an i386 cpu.  Many are running
>  > the same configuration just fine.
>  >

> Thank you for the answer.
>
> Yes, this is a PentiumIII 800Mhz.
>

> I've searched on /src/include/storage/s_lock.h and i've found this line.
>
> #ifdef HAVE_SPINLOCKS
> #error PostgreSQL does not have native spinlock support on this ...
>
> I suppose that would be
>
> #ifndef HAVE_SPINLOCKS
>
> It's correct?

No, that would mean it would use the spinlock code (slow) rather than
the test and set code.  What OS is this?  My guess is that there is a
missing spinlock configuration variable in proper src/template file.
This is all redesigned in 7.5.