Re: FreeBSD SHMMAX

От Reko Turja
Тема Re: FreeBSD SHMMAX
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
> I am trying to get Postgres running on FreeBSD and am running into
> problems
> with shared mem.  Here is the postgres error messge:

On my box the values defined for the kernel are as follow:

options         SHMMAXPGS=65536         #For postgreSQL
options         SEMMNI=40
options         SEMMNS=240
options         SEMUME=40
options         SEMMNU=120

If my memory serves me right these values were suggested for PgSQL in
FBSD or Postgres documentation.

and the corresponding sysctls:

kern.ipc.shmmax: 268435456
kern.ipc.shmmin: 1
kern.ipc.shmmni: 192
kern.ipc.shmseg: 128
kern.ipc.shmall: 65536

your kern.ipc.shmall seems a bit low comparing to my setup, maybe the
culprit is there. You can tune that sysctl at runtime, try if giving
it higher value helps.

-Reko