Re: E-R Tool

От Ray Ontko
Тема Re: E-R Tool
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Renney,

We've recently begun using Mogwai:

  http://mogwai.sourceforge.net/erdesigner/erdesigner.html

It's a lot like ERwin, but is open source and written in Java, so
it runs almost anywhere.  We run it under Windows and Linux.  I
assume that it will reverse engineer any foreign key constraints
that are defined in postgresql.  In our application, we don't
enforce the constraints so we didn't pick these up from the
database.  Instead, we drew the relationship lines between the
entities after picking up the tables from postrgresql.  It
figured out the crows-feet part from there.

Hope this helps.

Ray

Ray Ontko   rayo@ontko.com   Phone 1.765.935.4283   Fax 1.765.962.9788
Ray Ontko & Co.   Software Consulting Services   http://www.ontko.com/