Re: where to start with this procedure ?

От Stephan Szabo
Тема Re: where to start with this procedure ?
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Thu, 20 May 2004, Andreas wrote:

> Hi Andrei,
>

> >Use the Offset and Limit in the SQL query.
> >[...]
> >SELECT select_list
> >    FROM table_expression
> >    WHERE condition
> >    LIMIT 50
> >    OFFSET 10000
> >
> >This query will return 50 elements starting with the 10000 elements... so
> >the elemenst from 10000 to 10050.
> >

> That isn't the issue since I only need a specific few of the lines at all.
> I need a dynamic WHERE clause.
>
> It's more like this :
> SELECT customer_id, and, some, more, fields
> FROM  table1
>              JOIN table2
>                        JOIN table3
>
> This results in the "huge" set.
> On the Access-form I only need the orders, or contact history for 1
> customer.
>
> As of now I only know 2 ways to solve this.
> 1) Load all the tables over the net into Access and let the JOIN run
> locally. That way I can filter dynamically by adding a   WHERE
> customer_id = x   to the select above.

Why not add the where clause to the select that goes to the server?

In any case, you can do a function that does the select with a condition
fairly easily with a set returning function in recent versions I think.
Make a composite type with the return fields (create type <name> as (...))
then make an sql function that takes an integer returns setof <name> that
selects from table1 join table2 ... where customer_id = $1.

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: