Re: Fwd: Re: [ANNOUNCE] PostgreSQL Users' Group sites

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Fwd: Re: [ANNOUNCE] PostgreSQL Users' Group sites
Дата
Re: Fwd: Re: [ANNOUNCE] PostgreSQL Users' Group sites  (Robert Treat <xzilla@users.sourceforge.net>)
Список pgsql-www
Marc,

> Valid question ... but, IMHO, if we are going to define (and I'm not
> saying that we need to) a UG, the one thing that should be defined is
> "region of coverage" ... having one UG say that its "for France" is, IMHO,
> way way too broad.  Never having been there myself, but even if based
> centrally in Paris (semi-central to the country, no?), I can imagine it
> the country is larger then a 1hr driving radius from there, no?

I think this is way too micro-managed.   Who has time for this stuff?  Let the
users' groups declare themselves however they want.

I would *love* to have the problem of so many users' groups that they overlap.
May I point out that we currently have 3, and two have yet to have a meeting?

--
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Fwd: Re: [ANNOUNCE] PostgreSQL Users' Group sites
Сообщение: Re: Fwd: Re: [ANNOUNCE] PostgreSQL Users' Group sites