Re: [PERFORM] Quad processor options

От Daniel Kalchev
Тема Re: [PERFORM] Quad processor options
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
It appears that your CPU is 'slow' while your disk subsystem is 'fast'.

I had once such situation with 15 kRPM drives and ~500MHz Pentium III. On that
system, the best solution was to either increase effective_cache_size or
decrease random_page_cost (the latter obviously has to do with the fast disk,
the former with the lots of RAM).

In any case, proper optimization of queries always helps. :-)

Daniel